The Invision Sally Jobe Mammography Training Program offers a personalized approach
to a comprehensive curriculum for individuals seeking training from a nationally recognized
breast center. Whether you are seeking initial training or need supplemental assistance in
filling your registry requirements, our program options will allow you to choose the path
that is right for you. Working with internationally renowned breast imagers and staff who
will share their knowledge in a one-on-one setting, you will:
- develop the skills to produce high quality mammography
- in collaboration with a physicist, learn how to develop an efficient QA/QC program
- learn proper ACR positioning techniques
- develop an understanding of the proper use of your mammography equipment
- be introduced to a Mammography Reporting System
- assisted by our Genetic Counselor, gain insight to the high risk profile patient
- assisted by our certified breast navigation team, gain insight into the process of
- attend a multi-disciplinary breast conference to broaden your knowledge base
This course is designed for radiologic technologists interested in crossing over into mammography.
It meets FDA requirements and serves as a preparatory course for the mammography registry examination.
This training program is also appropriate for mammography technologists seeking recertification.
PHASE 1: Initial Training and Digital Imaging
This course is designed to meet initial mammography and digital training requirements. It is
comprised of nine online modules and a two-day, on-site workshop at an Invision Sally Jobe location.
This course will teach you to:
- demonstrate basic positioning skills
- explain advanced positioning technique for supplementary views, difficult patients and
- describe how various physical characteristics of the x-ray tube affect mammographic imaging
- perform mammographic quality control testing procedures per MQSA guidelines
- describe the differences between imaging systems used to perform Full Field Digital
Mammography (FFDM) examinations
- describe and develop a comprehensive quality assurance program for digital mammography
- understand the differences between film-screen and digital imaging
- describe the parameters that control resolution and contrast in digital imaging
- know the differences in image display/output devices used in digital mammography
PHASE 2: Clinical Requirement: 25 Supervised Hands-on Mammography Procedures
This two-day, hands-on training session is conducted by qualified instructors in a personalized
setting at one of our Invision Sally Jobe locations.
Pre-requisite: Completion of Phase 1
PHASE 3: Registry Fulfillment Requirement
This six-day, on-site session at an Invision Sally Jobe location will encompass:
- observation of required procedures
- physicist session
- attendance at a multi-disciplinary breast conference
- radiologist reading with student
- introduction to genetic counseling
- introduction to breast navigation
- introduction to Mammography Reporting Systems
This course will enable you to complete the required number (100) of mammography examinations.
Pre-requisite: Completion of Phase 2
This online course is intended for registered mammographers to fulfill digital training
requirements or CEUs. The course satisfies the FDA-mandated eight hours of initial training
in FFDM for both physicians and technologists. It has been approved by the American Society
of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) for eight hours of Category A credit for digital training
Tomosynthesis (3D Mammography)
This online course is intended for registered mammographers to fulfill tomosynthesis training
requirements or CEUs. It has been approved by the American Society of Radiologic Technologists
(ASRT) for eight hours of Category A credit for tomosynthesis training requirements.
- Documentation of initial training and digital imaging completion is required for the
Clinical Requirement: 25 Supervised Hands-on Mammography Procedures and Registry Fulfillment
- Colorado clinical mammography provisional license is required for the Clinical Requirement:
25 Supervised Hands-on Mammography Procedures and Registry Fulfillment Requirement courses.
To obtain an instructions and application form for acquiring your Colorado clinical mammography
provisional license, please visit the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.
Our Clinical Sciences Specialist
Joyce J. Goldsboro, B.A., R.T.R., M. CBPN-I
Joyce Goldsboro is the Clinical Sciences Specialist for the Invision Sally Jobe network and the lead instructor
for the Invision Sally Jobe Mammography Training Program. Joyce
has forty years of experience in various facets of radiologic technology with a special interest in mammography.
Joyce’s impressive resume includes supervision of a multimodality mammography facility, a mammography
applications specialist position for a major imaging company, and years of clinical experience as a mammographer.
Joyce possesses a strong interest and knowledge in quality assurance and quality control. She has worked for
the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Joyce was certified by the FDA as an MQSA inspector
and performed mammography inspections for the state of Colorado.
With Joyce’s extensive hands on experience with mammography and strong knowledge of quality measures, she is able
to provide thorough and practical training in all aspects of mammography imaging.
To register or get more information, either complete the form below or leave us a message at
720-493-3245. Our course administrator will get back to you within two business days.
The Invision Sally Jobe Mammography Training Program is held at our Denver Tech Center and
Lincoln Medical Center locations.
To receive a refund, cancellation requests must be submitted 14 days prior to the first day of
the course. Cancellations submitted fewer than 14 days prior to the first day of the course will
receive credit (less a $50.00 administration fee) toward another seminar conducted by Invision Sally Jobe.
Refunds will NOT be granted for no-shows.
Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center
7800 E Tufts Ave
Denver CO 80237
Denver Marriott Tech Center
4900 S Syracuse St
Denver CO 80237
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver/South-RidgeGate
10030 Trainstation Cir
Lone Tree CO 80124
Invision Sally Jobe is an NQMBC Certified Quality Breast Center